Tuesday, March 28, 2006

John Kerry Stopped by Police in Jacksonville

On any given weekend on the southside area of Jacksonville known as Mandarin, one can encounter cyclists cluttering the road, Mandarin Road that is.

The cyclists are supposed to stay in single file when riding but they do not. I have responded to many calls of this nature in that area which amounts to a big waste of police resources. Sometimes an officer has to respond from as far away as 10 miles. When an officer gets to the area of the complaint, the cyclists are gone. My point here is that motorists and cyclists need to work together. Manadrin Rd. is not as heavily traveled as some other roads in that area and is a beautiful, tree canopy lined stretch of winding road that is favored by cyclists. Once or twice a week is not a big thing. Have some patience people. Lets keep each other safe.

It's no wonder John Kerry wanted to do the cycle thing while he and wife Teresa were in the area raising funds. That stretch of road is beautiful. No doubt though, the funds are for a possible presidential bid in 2008. Oh stop it! You know that's what it is for! Well If I had my choice of Kerry or Clinton, it would be.............neither!

I think if I had stopped Mr. Kerry, I would have gotten his autograph......

ON A TRAFFIC CITATION!

Haha, just kidding. I probably would have debated him on some issues.

Good Day

No comments: